Tuesday, October 9, 2012
My Infographic
When I started making this infographic I wanted to do something similar to the example that I had. I wanted to make it unbiased so I decided to do make infographic all about voting. I focused on our age groups, which are preferred to as the "young people." I found statistics and went off of those to inform the "young people" why it is important to vote. I keep hearing "this election is an important one" or "people need to get out and vote for this 2012 election" so I focused on that.
From the reading we did in an earlier class, "Picturing Texts" I think my infographic describes his use of "emphasis" the most. I tried to make the word VOTE the largest so people understood that is the point I was trying to make. I want to direct people attention to that and to understand it is for the 2012 election I incorporated Obama's and Romney's faces right by the word vote. I also think my infographic shows a good use of "proportion." I split up each line of the texts from left to right so it didn't look to crowded or sloppy. I also decided to make each line a different size then the one below it. If you follow from top to bottom it starts out large and becomes smaller right in the center then back to large. I put the text in order from which I thought was most important.
It was fairly easy putting the pictures and the words into my infographic. the hardest part of the assignment was trying to align the text the way I wanted to, to make it look the most organized. Also I had trouble remembering how to make the words look fancy and use shadowing and other effects, but with help from my classmates I was refreshed on how to do it.
I learned that visual design can do a lot to get a big point across. The saying "a picture is worth a thousand words" i think is very true. A small picture can get an important message across if the design is right and it catches people's eyes. I did not want to use too many different colors but just a pattern of ideas to make my infographic visually appealing and easy to understand. I think I accomplished that for the most part.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment