Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Weekend Twitter

Twitter is something that I have had for a couple years now. I don't tweet too much but I think before this assignment I tweeted a decent amount. After doing this assignment I learned quite a bit more about politics. I never really was that involved in politics but I'm glad we had this assignment to get me more involved.

My favorite part of this Twitter experience was to see how people would reply to my political tweets. I tried to stay unbiased because I didn't want to start any trouble through Twitter. Some people will bash other people, just like cyber bullies do, and I didn't want to involve that in this assignment. Some people responded to the voting tweet I made about only having one day. They wanted to know if they could vote online and that was important because I think people should get out and vote. it is our job as citizens to do that and I'm glad people asked how they could do it. What I didn't like about this assignment was that I felt it was hard for me to tweet in reply to a politicians tweet. I thought this was hard only because I do have so little knowledge about some of the tweets they were talking about so I felt out of place on that part.

Twitter allows you to get a point across in a clever way. On Facebook you can put as many words as you need to but on Twitter you are limited so it has to be clever and short. It's a fast way for people to read and get information without spending however long reading a long post where half the information does not even matter. I only engaged in a few political conversations this past weekend but that was important because it taught me more each tweet I read.

I think after this weekend I will still follow a few of the politicians I started following on Thursday because they did inform me on good information I think everyone should know. I still think Twitter is a clever use of social media and it keeps me up to date on many issues. I also like to read people's tweet about their views on things to see how it compares to mine. This assignment actually helped me in one of my other classes because I got to see how many posts were about false claims of the other candidates. That is the topic of my other class and so I used many tweets as examples for that class. I liked doing this Twitter assignment and it made me like Twitter that much more!

No comments:

Post a Comment