Sunday, December 9, 2012

#3 Facebook for Adults


The audio piece I did is about my journey with Facebook as I ran for student class president in High School. Social media, as I said in other posts, is increasing very rapidly. Not only do young adults use social media pages like Facebook but many older adults are becoming more involved with it also.

By explaining how Facebook helped me with a class election, I think older adults can listen to it and understand how fast a message can travel through such a large media source. During the 2012, Obama and Romney had Facebook pages promoting their views which other people were allowed to "like" or "comment" on. Older people may not be as familiar with Facebook as younger adults but circulating the information about the election and candidates allowed for older individuals to look at a page and understand why posting something on Facebook is a lot more effective in getting a message across than listening to an annoying ad on television. It is important for everyone to become familiarized with social media as a whole because it allows for many issues to bring up good conversation with anyone who is interested in that topic from anywhere in the nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment