Thursday, September 20, 2012

Election Infographic



This infographic I think represents some of Faigley's terms she described. First I think she is classifying many of the election topics that are discussed the most in this election. The picture separates them in their own circle, but they overlap each other because some are more common then the ones in the back.

 I also think this is a good example of emphasis because right in the center of this picture is the Tax Reform circle. Taxes have been discussed and mentioned a lot throughout this campaign and that being the big circle in the middle with nothing covering it shows that it is important and the emphasis is put on that topic. You also see the votes VOTE a couple of times around the picture so you can say that voting is another emphasis put on this picture because it appears the most.


4 comments:

  1. I like your analysis of this info-graph. It kind of reminds me of poster boards were people have just continued to stick posters and stickers up. I do wonder though if it is as meaningful with out some form of numbers or data. Just my thoughts. Still though, your analysis made up for anything the graph lacked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your infographic was very well structured. I agree with your point on how the more important issues are to the front of the board while the rest are behind it. It definitely uses the term emphasis to show the true purpose of the infographic

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this infographic is very interesting. It is not only appealing visually but because for once it does not blatantly support one party or the other, but highlights the topics that need to be addressed because they are issues our whole nation face, and change is needed one way or the other. An infographic like this reaches out to me and makes me more inclined to vote than any partisan ad. In addition, I like how it centers on tax reform, an important topic, but also acknowledges neutrality, an issue that many citizens face in this election- a problem itself- indecisiveness and the unwillingness to vote either way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with what you've said here, especially about the idea of emphasis. I think the interesting thing about this particular infographic is the use of balance -- or lack of balance. The pins in the back are nicely balanced, but the two right in the front overlap each other in a way that seems to break up the balance. I feel like because it's a little jarring, or somewhat off, it called my attention to it immediately. It's an interesting way to make people pay attention.

    ReplyDelete